I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week

Magical Sunset || Nicole

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Sunset || Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 pm

The small camp was all set up for the night. It was only early in the afternoon, around 1:30 PM last time he checked. There was plenty of time to check out the area and spend some time at the beach. Not that he was a huge fan of camping or the beach, but at least he knew his ways around both. After all, his father was a military man, of course Danny had spent many summers with the boy scouts.
As he looked over the small space of the Boulder Beach Camp Ground that he had rented for the weekend, he began to wonder where Nicole had gotten to.

Although his wasn't a big fan of camping and it had been years since he last went camping, Danny had decided to take Nicole out of the city for the weekend and show her what Vegas and Nevada had to offer, maybe show her a little piece of home. She probably went camping much in Australia....
At least with her having been in the military, they'd both would know how to survive out here without making a mess of their weekend. He was quite confident that they'd have tons of fun out here. And he had been looking forward to spending some time with her alone. He had been looking forward to this weekend, mostly because over the time they've known each other and the many times they met when they could, they became good friends and actually quite close. Danny even opened up a little about Anna. Although he didn't tell her the whole story, yet. And never spoke about his childhood. Not once. He only mentioned his mom to her every now and then. He smiled a little at the thought of his mother, picturing her now cuddling his Russian Blue "Oscar" and spoiling the young cat with treats and affection while he was away with Nicole. She just loved the kitten.

I wonder where Nikky's gotten to. he thought and started to look around for Nicole. "Nick?" he gently called out. It was his loving nickname for Nicole. He often called her "Nick", or "Nikky" but only in his mind, or when he was being in a flirty or very happy mood.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magical Sunset || Nicole

Post by Nicole Byrne on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 am

Nicole looked up when she heard Danny's voice, an army style rucksack on her back. "Danny" she called back while walking down the path. A slight smile came to her lips at the same time when she heard him call her 'Nick', knowing that he liked to do that to her. She was dressed for the occasion: light colored shirt, light weight pants, hiking boots and a wide brimmed boonie hat like what she wore when in the RAIC. Nicole soon got up to the site and set her pack down, checking her watch after doing so. "From my car to here in 2 minutes and 15 seconds.....this chick still has it." she commented while looking at Danny.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:26 am

Danny let out a small chuckle, looking at his ex-army companion. By now he was used to the fact that she had served in the RAIC and that sometimes she compared her skills from now to what they used to be back then. While he couldn't blame her, he sometimes thought it was rather amusing to watch. Especially in the way she made those comments.
"You make it sounds like that was special a world record for that short of a distance." he commented, slightly teasing her.

He'd never make fun of her, but Danny made a habit of sometimes teasing her about her ways. It was never meant personally, nor serious. It was just his way of showing that he liked her. An indirect, polite and yet affective way, as he thought. They were friends after all and maybe, if he found the courage to act upon what he had been feeling for some time now, they could be so much more. At least he hoped that they could. Hope he didn't have in a long time.

"What ya wanna do? Explore some of the surroundings today, or just relax at the beach for the rest of the day and do the exploring tomorrow?"

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 am

Nicole looked at Danny when he said that to her. "Well, when you have a bunch of highly motivated people training together one makes a competition out of just about everything." she replied, giggling a bit as she said replied. She knew that Danny was teasing her about it. "I'm up for exploring right now." Nicole added in reply to Danny's question. She got her pack into the tent, then looked back at Danny. "Shall we head out?" she asked, smiling a little as she said that.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Danny gently shook his head, smiling while he listened to her. It was true though, it had been like that when he was in the Police Academy and then again when he was in Quantico, training for the FBI. The very motivated ones, the ones wanting to be on top of every list were always making compititions of everything. But Daniel never was part of these groups and yet he aced each of his trainings, leaving his compition behind wondering how he did it without making a fuss over it.

Thinking back to how these guys hated him for outsmarting them, he smirked a little. He had always been the quiet one in classes, never joining the hightly motivated and didn't become friends with them. And in the end, they'd be below him and they didn't even know what hit them. He liked those times. They had been good times for Danny.

"I admire your enthusiasm." he commented when she decided to go exploring. He would have probably went to the beach and just relaxed in the sun and explored tomorrow. But he would always let Nicole decide and he would never fuss about her decisions. He'd just go along with it and be happy. As long as she was happy.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Nicole smiled in reply when Danny said that. She put her hair into a ponytail, then put her hat back on. "I'm ready when you are." she said to Danny, her Australian accent still noticeable. It was something that surprised a lot of people when she spoke.....and was a source of many guys trying to hit on Nicole. While she waited for Danny, Nicole fixed her shirt, then looked back up to Danny, looking him in the eye as she did that.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 pm

He just chuckled a little in reply, closed the tent and just looked at her. When he dressed this morning he had chosen some more casual clothes. As much casual as he was able to.
He wore a dark blue CSI-Fan shirt and a light blue jeans. To that he wore a darkblue basecap and matching black hiking boots. That was as casual as it could get. And a sweater for later tonight. In his backpack he had some shorts and some t-shirts, in case they might go swimming. But that was it. Simple.

"Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." he replied.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:00 am

Nicole nodded in reply when Danny said that, then started on the path that was next to their campsite. Nicole was thankful that Danny invited her on this little trip, it had been a while since she had been camping in a tent. It was something that she missed doing and made a mental note to camp more offtin when the weather was decent. Nicole looked back to Danny as she walked along. "Come on Danny" she called out, smiling a bit as she said that to him.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 pm

With a small shake of his head he watched her walk away, before he casually followed her along. Not fast enough to catch up with her, but fast enough to not loose sight of her. A tiny smirk was tugged on the corner of his lips as Danny followed her.

Hearing her call out to him, he shook his head again, smirking a little bit more. "Comin'..." he said and slowly jogged up to Nicole, catching up with her. "Don't rush the old man."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Nicole giggled when Danny said that. "You old?" she teased while watching him. There was something magical about her at the moment. Nicole watched him, feeling giddy at the same time, it was clear that she was enjoying this time with Danny. She hadn't had the chance to get away like this in a while.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 pm

"'Course I am. Ask teenagers these days they'll call you old when you're 25." he countered in a teasing way. Thinking about it seriously he didn't think of himself as old. Maybe too old to behave like a teenage on his first date, if something was making him happy, but he wasn't that old.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Nicole giggled a bit when Danny said that to her before continuing on the path. "Its the same back in Australia.....all though the kids there have a bit more respect for their elders then here." she said gently while walking next to him.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 pm

He chuckled quietly, walking next to Nicole.
In his many years with the FBI he had to deal with teenagers in organized crime organizations, too. They had no respect for anyone. But even other teenagers, non-criminals had no respect. Well, some of them did, but those he dealt with mostly didn't give a dime about anything around them. It was shocking to see, compared to how he was raised and how he had been in his teenage years. He would have never even dared to talk back to anyone older than he was, at least not when his father was around.

"Well... compared to when I was that age... it's shocking to see what has become of teenagers these days." he replied. "I wish I'd get more respect from them than I acutally do. Especially when I have to pull a gun on them. But even then they're stupid."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Nicole listened to him say that. "Are all the kids here starkers?" she asked off the cuff as they walked along. If she was honest, she noticed how most of the teens here acted, though many weren't like that from what she saw.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Danny raised his brows in surprise and looked at her, almost stumbling over a root that stuck out of the ground.
"What?" he asked out of reflex, though he figured he knew what she meant. "If you mean what I think you mean... I don't know. Girls tend to show too much of themselves these days, but not all of 'em."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Nicole looked at Danny when he asked that, quickly realizing he still got caught off guard by some of her slang. "I meen are they crazy, mad or insane." she replied while watching him almost trip over the root that was in the path. I really got to watch it with the slang she said to herself.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 pm

A nervous, slightly embarrassed laugh left his lips, while Danny didn't look at Nicole, not wanting her to see the slight red that had appeared on his cheeks, even though she probably wouldn't have noticed it anyway, since it was just very little. Be he felt like it was burning red.
"Oh..." he said, in a slightly embarrassed tone. "Well... some of 'em. Average every-day teens you meet on the streets may not always be like that, but the ones in the fangs of criminal gangs.... never am sure 'bout those. Some rather die than to do the reasonable thing."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:48 am

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that to her. "I see" she replied while gently taking his hand into her's as they walked along. It was clear that she was happy to be with him at this time.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:23 pm

"Hm." he nodded a little, remembering a drug raid he took part in. A group of agents and SWAT were taking down a small operation of drug dealers in a warehous by the waterfront. Of course, even with all sides covered, some of them tried to run and managed to break through the row of SWAT officers, while they were securing the building.
One of them was just a 16-year-old Hispanic, who Danny chased down the street of warehouses into an back ally with no way out for the youngster. But instead of surrending, while Danny had his gun lowered, he chose to pull the firearm he hid and take a shot at the Agent. It still pained Danny today, that he had to shoot the young man, just so he wouldn't be killed by him.
Of course, being a trained shooter, Daniel didn't kill the boy, just wounded him badly enough for him to drop the gun and be arrested. But Danny knew it could have ended differently.

When Nicole took his hand, he snapped out of his memory, smiling a little bit at her. "Quite haunting memories sometimes."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Nicole glanced over when Danny said that to her, then nodded a bit. The tone of his voice was one she had heard before. "I know what you meen." she said gently and honestly, she had her own memories that she really didn't like remembering. Nicole gently squeezed Danny's hand while walking with him. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm willing to listen." she said out of the blue after a few seconds. Nicole hoped that she wasn't making herself seem pushy or anything like that. Nicole wanted him to know that she was there to help him in any way she could.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:59 pm

A small smile appeared on his face and he chuckled a little nervously, although he didn't really know why.
"Well, thanks." he said. "I really do apreaciate it. I'm just not one to talk much, though."

And he was honest with that. If it came to 'traumatizing' or negative things he saw or did in his line of work, he wasn't one to make a huge fuss of it or even talk about it for ages. He just thought about it, maybe called his mother and talked to her about it, but he was always annoyed when he was sent to counseling.

"The department counseler is annoying enough, trying to make me talk about whatever he thinks must be traumatizing."

And there he probably was just like every other cop or agent... not seeing the necessarity of counseling.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Nicole listened to Danny say that to him. "Understandable" she said gently. "Danny, I know what its like to not want to talk about it, and it may seem like the best way to go, but its really not wise to keep it close up in you.....as a friend said to me: contents may explode under pressure." she said gently and honestly. She didn't want to see Danny end up like her uncle.

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 pm

He listened to her, kind of knowing what she was going to say. She was right, it wasn't a wise thing to keep it all closed up inside and he never did. He always talked about it, just not to a counselor. He mostly talked to his mother, because he always felt like she was not judging him, nor telling him what to do. She was listening, trying to understand and she would always know how to help him cope. And if it just was a small hug and kiss on the cheek, telling him he did what he had to do.

"Oh, don't get the wrong picture here..." he replied quickly. "I do talk about stuff... just not to the department counselor. At least not in the way he hopes I would."

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 am

Nicole listened to Danny as he said that, then nodded. "I see" she said gently. "Danny.....you may not like talking to him, but blokes like him are more qualified to help then me or someone in your family." she said. "Sometimes we have to talk to someone with an impartial voice in order to make sense of things.....true it will be painful and frustrating, but you have to fall on your face in order to pick your self up again."

Nicole Byrne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 am

He shrugged a little bit in reply. It wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear and wasn't about to change his attitude toward that counselor at work. He wouldn't talk about every single person he had to harm or kill on duty. But if it was traumatizing for him, haunting him at night or wherever he went, then he did talk to the counselor. He wasn't stupid, but he just thought sometimes the precedure was just annoying and a waste of time.

"Thanks for the lecture." he said shortly, actually wanting to change the subject.

Agent Daniel Cooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top